Counseling Services

Through our counseling services, you can discuss your housing issues with a trained housing advocate who can provide guidance, education, and refer you to other agencies, programs, and resources. The housing advocate can discuss tenant-landlord rights and responsibilities as described in the Texas Property Code and other sources. However, no attorneys are on staff and housing advocates cannot offer legal advice. Anyone needing legal advice should contact an attorney.



The Telephone Counseling Line provides education and information regarding residential tenant-landlord disputes. Lines are busy, and callers are encouraged to keep trying. Please call us at 512-474-1961.


online counseling

The Online Counseling Program provides education and information regarding the rights and responsibilities of tenants and landlords. Fill out an online intake and an advocate will contact you!


The In-House Counseling Program provides 30-minute in-house counseling sessions to tenants and landlords who have questions regarding their rights or responsibilities.

For those requiring interpreter services, please review our scheduling policy here .